Monday, November 22, 2010

As I was washing the baby's bottles tonight, the warm water that flowed over my dry, cracking hands made me wish for a hot bath. I glanced over at the semi-sleeping babe to see if I could sneak away for a 10 minute soak, just in time to see her hands make her way to her mouth- a sure sign she will wake in moments for dinner. I realized this is the first time I craved a bath in weeks. Usually if I get some time to myself, I spend it sleeping. I didn't realize that I looked that exhausted until I was getting a much needed haircut. I gasped and my hairdresser must have seen what I saw because she left and returned with eye cream, bronzer and lip gloss. The beautiful red in the lip gloss brought out the blood shot in my eyes. The bronzer made me want to go tanning. And the eye cream was magical-I didn't know my eyes were puffy until they instantly felt relieved of pressure as she dabbed the cold cream around them.

Now back to my bath-I want one. Bad. No, I NEED one. I need to close my eyes in the hot steam and soak in the bath salt filled water. I need to enjoy a large glass of wine and lather myself in very strong scented, expensive body wash. I need to doze off and wake up feeling like the whole world has been lifted off of my shoulders. Don't get me wrong, the world on my shoulders is the most beautiful, perfect little girl that I love more than anything. But, sometimes she gets pretty heavy.

I will have my bath. I will have it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment