Friday, May 13, 2011

Poopy Pants

So today I wanted to enjoy the gorgeous Iowa weather. It felt more like the middle of summer rather than the beginnings of spring. I packed up the babe and got her all set up in the stroller. We took a long walk, coming home sweaty & panting. I realized than that what I’ve called physical activity in the last 8 months, most people call sex. Anyway, my walk made me feel great! The best I’ve felt in a long time. I wasn’t exhausted and I was in high spirits. I fed Mia & set her on the kitchen floor with some toys to start on my own dinner. As my pan is heating up for my marinated chicken I hear the infamous grunt and look down to see Mia’s face bright red & squinting. Her pooping face. Figuring it won’t take more than ten minutes to make my dinner, I thought I’d wait until after then chicken’s done to change her diaper. Then I see something on the kitchen floor. Yep. Poop. It seeped out the bottom of her diaper, the bottom on her shorts and was now being smeared with her leg & hand across my kitchen floor. I quick turn off the stove, pick her off the floor and hold her at arm’s length to the bathtub. I bath her and soak her clothes. I try to put pajamas on her, but have to do it while she’s either standing very awkwardly or while she lies on her stomach. I tell you, it’s tricky to zipper PJ’s when there’s a body in the way. I decide I should shower too since I am still sweating like a pig from our walk. I hate taking a shower in her bathroom. Here’s why. My husband works 3rd shift so he sleeps during the day & evening hours. In our bedroom is also our bathroom, with all of my toiletries. Also, all of our towels.  So out of curtsey, I try not to disturb him. Usually I know when I’m going to shower in her bathroom so I come prepared. Today I wasn’t. So, I used baby shampoo & baby wash. I dried off with a hooded towel that was barely large enough to cover my butt. I combed my hair with a tiny baby comb. And I pulled my hair back with a purple plastic hair clip that has birds on it. It’s almost bedtime when I finally get to eat my dinner. She fights sleep tonight and I try three times to put her down. She’s asleep and I do the ridiculous amount of dishes since our dishwasher is still broken & the amount of parts they have to order is worth more than the entire piece of shit dishwasher. So less than two hours after I feel the best I’ve felt in a long time I am now exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment